Thursday 15 October 2009

My advert



Advert Evaluation

My cosmetic is called Façade. It’s a perfume aimed at women aged between 18-29, I chose this target market because they are the group with the most money spare. This is because most 18-29 are single with no children, and this age category is mostly employed, this means that they are a group of people who have lots of money to spend because they are employed and they have no children to spend their money on. Also this is the age category with the most amount of single people, or people looking for a partner, perfume is often worn to impress the other sex which means more people will buy this product. The advert is of a woman in a desert wearing a rabbit’s mask. I chose to use a mask because it links into the name of the product, Façade, which means a deceptive outward appearance. The colour most used in the advert is the use of gold, the woman’s hair is slightly gold, the desert is gold, and the actual colour of the perfume is also gold, the other gold element is the mask. I think the photo looks like she is running away from something, this links in to the idea of masks and secrets.
The name Façade stuck out to me as soon as I found it, it was mysteries and exciting, and it had lots of photos that could be used for the advert. I found the photograph on Google images, I searched “masquerade ball” because I knew I could fine high quality photos of people wearing masks. But when I found this picture I scraped the masquerade ball idea and chose this photo to be the centre of my advert. I chose this photo because it fitted in perfectly in to the name and slogan. It was mysteries because of the mask and the hair covering her face and the desolate surrounding.
I don’t think this advert is very controversial, it does not degrade women, but then again it does not show any values or beliefs. I think this could be a good thing because it adds to the sense of mystery.
My genre for this advert is fantasy. I chose this style because if the advert was a still of a film then I reckon the film would be a fantasy film. The rabbits mask is the main reason for this decision. In the picture it looks like she could be running away from someone or something. Her hair signifies that she could be running away, or it could just be a strong wind in the desert. Either way it gives an added mystery effect.
I think the mystery of this would add to the sales of this new product because people will be intrigued by the product and will buy it to see what it’s all about, by buying the product which is what we want the consumer to do. The sense of mystery is carried on all the way through the advert, (the mask, the hair, the desolate desert, the name of the product)
I chose this bottle because it was simple but yet attractive. And the actual perfume liquid is gold which fits into the other gold surroundings. The font was an easy choice because I wanted something elegant and old fashioned. I also think that the gold adds to the class of the product, and it makes it seem expensive and better value for money.
Over all I am happy with my finished product. It was all that I wanted it to be and the picture that I found was the best part. The use of gold also is a important factor in the overall felling of the advert.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colours of the advert they work well together

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to post your assessed advertisement, evaluation and assessment sheet.

    Advert: A Evaluation C Combined mark 78% B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, you have no evidence on your blog that you have constructed a short film for your preliminary unit.

    Could you please upload your Preliminary Task onto your blog as soon as we return to school after Easter. This is extremely urgent. You were also meant to evaluate your short film months ago.

    ReplyDelete